The Insurance and Risk Management Office provides a self-insurance program for parishes, schools, agencies, and all ancillary ministries of the Diocese of Paterson.
The Insurance Department manages and coordinates diocesan insurance procedures and policies and supervises third party administrators, consulting firms and contractors.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of our self-insurance filing with the State of New Jersey
- Preparation of policy renewal applications for our excess liability coverage.
- Providing presentations to locations/agencies and parishes regarding our diocesan insurance program, policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the issuance of automobile ID cards.
- Managing automobile, property, general liability, boiler/machinery and student accident claims.
- Assisting in the issuance of certificates of insurance.
- Assisting parishes, locations and agencies to review contracts, insurance coverage and third party certificates of insurance.
- Assisting parishes, locations and agencies by conducting safety visits.
- Assisting diocesan offices and department to implement diocesan policies.