LITTLE FALLS Bishop Serratelli made a pastoral visit to Our Lady of the Holy Angels Church here where he celebrated the vigil Mass for the Second Sunday of Lent on Feb. 20.
The parish’s history dates back to 1883 when Franciscan Father Francis Koch broke ground for a church on Main Street. The Franciscan Friars from St. Bonaventure’s in Paterson cared for the Our Lady of the Holy Angels mission until 1945 when Bishop McLaughlin raised the mission to parish status. A new church was built in 1953. In 2008, the Franciscans turned over administration of the parish to the Diocese.