DOVER Bishop Serratelli made a pastoral visit to Our Lady Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Church here Feb. 15. During his visit, he celebrated a Spanish-language Mass for the Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time for the parishioners.
The parish’s history began in 1959, when Bishop McNulty established St. John the Baptist Mission in Dover for Hispanics in Morris County. The following year, the name of the mission was changed to its present title and a former Lutheran church on Myrtle Avenue was purchased. The mission was given formal parish status in 1984 by Bishop Rodimer.