CLIFTON Bishop Serratelli made a pastoral visit for the Seventh Sunday of Easter to St. Paul Parish here May 17. During his visit, he administered the Sacrament of Confirmation to young people of the parish, who prepared for the sacrament through the parish’s Confirmation program.
St. Paul’s history began in 1912 when St. Nicholas Parish in Passaic began organizing a mission in Clifton with Masses being celebrated in the Harding Avenue firehouse. A church was built on Union Avenue in 1914 and Father Paul Guterl was named the first pastor that same year and served until 1946. The present church was built in 1938.